SottoPelle bio-identical hormone replacement therapy for men and women
We are pleased to offer SottoPelle® hormone therapy using pellets.
SottoPelle founder, the late Gino Tutera, MD, FACOG, is recognized worldwide as a pioneer and leader in the field of bio-identical hormone replacement therapy. Before his death in 2015, Dr. Tutera practiced medicine for over thirty years and specialized in natural hormone therapy. Dr. Tutera initially specialized in obstetrics and gynecology and then moved onto treating hormonal imbalances in women. After recognizing the potential benefits of hormone replacement therapy for both men an women, he performed his own research, testing and analysis in the field of bio-identical hormone replacement therapy. The result was the development of SottoPelle, his own proprietary, pellet-based individualized bio-identical hormone delivery system now utilized by physicians throughout the United States and around the world. After Dr. Tutera’s passing, SottoPelle named James Mirabile, M.D. the national SottoPelle Medical Director.
Retired NFL Hall of Fame Player, Paul Krause, shares his SottoPelle experience
Hormone Pellet Therapy – The History
In 1935, hormone pellet therapy was created in Europe to help alleviate the problems women experienced due to hormone production cessation or menopause. This modality was then brought to the United States in 1939 by Dr. R. B. Greenblatt. He introduced it to the Menopausal Clinic, where it is used today more than half a century after its introduction.
Since then, Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy in pellet form has been positively researched and accepted as an effective delivery system available for men and women suffering from the side effects of menopause or andropause (male equivalent of menopause).
How Does Hormone Pellet Therapy Work?
Each hormone pellet is slipped painlessly under the skin, typically in the hip. A mild, local anesthetic is used and the procedure is very quick. Once the pellet is inserted, a steady, low dose of natural hormone flows directly into the blood stream whenever your body needs it. When the body is in need of estrogen or testosterone, these tiny implants placed under the skin consistently release small physiologic doses of hormones providing optimal therapy. For decades, these positive research studies have been reported in respected medical journals around the world.
Benefits of pellet therapy and SottoPelle
- The only method that allows the body to control the release of hormones – raising levels when more hormone is needed and decreasing it when requiring less.
- Deliver a very low dose of hormones continuously, 24/7.
- Release hormones directly into the bloodstream, thereby passing the gastrointestinal system and liver.
- Consistently proven more effective than oral, injected, or topical methods with regard to sexual function, mood and cognitive function, metabolic function, bone density, urinary and vaginal problems, lipid profiles, breast health and hormone ratios.
- Decades of positive research show bio identical hormone pellets to be safe and the most effective hormone delivery method available when properly administered. In fact, hormone pellets are the only form of hormone therapy to closely mimic what the human ovary and testicle do.
Hormone Pellet Therapy is Safely Effective.
Don’t let the words hormone replacement therapy scare you. This isn’t about synthetic pharmaceuticals or even natural hormones found in plants used in other forms of hormone therapy. This is about the hormones estrogen and testosterone that are 100 percent identical to those created by the human body. Yes, they are made from botanicals, but compounded to precisely match the molecular structure of human hormone for hormone replacement therapy.
To schedule SottoPelle hormone pellet therapy in Kansas City, please call our office at 913.888.7546.