- 4 large zucchini
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- ¼ cup chopped onion(s)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp , chopped basil
- 2 tsp ground oregano
- 1 cup Ragu® Homemade Style pizza sauce
- 2 Tbsp reduced-fat Parmesan
- ½ cup shredded nonfat mozzarella
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise and use a melon baller or spoon to remove seeds. Then place zucchini halves on baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Brown ground turkey, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper, basil and oregano. Add pizza sauce and Parmesan to meat mixture and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon meat mixture into zucchini halves and sprinkle mozzarella on each half.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Serving Size: 4
Fat: 10 g
Net Carbs: 13 g
Protein: 32 g
Make sure to read the food label when choosing pizza sauce. Avoid brands that contain sugar to reduce the carbohydrate content of the dish.