What is Hydrafacial?
Also known as the Red Carpet Facial, Hydrafacial® has become a popular treatment across the United States and has been featured extensively in the media while earning rave reviews from many celebrities.
What Does Hydrafacial Treat?
Every day we are exposed to the elements – stress, pollution, toxins, and most importantly, sunlight. These are known as free radicals, and they are the root of skin damage and aging. Free radicals destroy the chemical makeup of our skin cells, preventing them from functioning properly, causing our skin to deteriorate. The most natural defense against free radical damage is antioxidants – they neutralize free radicals, restoring and protecting skin from damage. Antioxidants can be found in vitamins like A and E, or in plant extracts like white tea, rosemary, and horse chestnut seed. Antioxidants are vital in the pursuit for healthy skin. This is why the HydraFacial is so important – not only does it remove surface damage such as dead skin cells and impurities, but it also replenishes the skin with antioxidants through Vortex-Fusion®, the most advanced application of nutrients to the skin.
Hydrafacial is immediately effective, making it a popular treatment for special events such as weddings. We treat the face, neck, decollete and back. Hydrafacial is suitable for all skin types and will be customized to your skin’s needs. The Hydrafacial is an excellent post laser or chemical peel treatment. Improve:
- Sun damage
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Congested pores
- Oily skin
How Does Hydrafacial Work?
Hydrafacial, from Edge Systems, provides cleansing, exfoliation, extractions, and hydration, including Vortex-Fusion® of antioxidants, peptides, and hyaluronic acid. Each treatment uses a series of HydroPeel® tips. The unique spiral design creates a vortex affect to easily dislodge and remove impurities while simultaneously introducing hydrating skin solutions with potent antioxidants.
The HydraFacial 5 Step Process
- Cleansing and exfoliation. Dead skin cells are removed to reveal healthy new skin.
- Acid peel. This gentle peel helps loosen dirt and debris from pores without irritation.
- Painless, automated extractions use vortex suction to clean out pores.
- Antioxidants and hyaluronic acid are Vortex-Fused™ to nourish and protect.
- Pharmaceutical grade products are applied to help maintain results and protect you skin.
Hydrafacial Combined with Other Treatments
Combine your HydraFacial MD with additional treatments for your specific needs:
- DermaBuilder Boost: Additional booster to improve fine lines, wrinkles, skin firmness, skin tone and texture.
- Britenol Boost: Brightening treatment that reduces the appearance of hyperpigmentation providing significant skin tone evenness.
- LED Light Therapy: Gentle Light Emitting Diodes (LED) in a non-ablative, non-invasive proven treatment for sun damage, aging skin and acne. Depending on your specific skin condition, either a blue or red LED is used.
- Lymphatic Treatment: Detoxifies and reduces puffiness and congestion of skin and sinuses. This is a great treatment for allergy sufferers.
- Peel upgrade: Upgrade from the standard 7.5% acid peel to either 15% or 30% for additional exfoliation.
Before & After Images
Photo courtesy of Hydrafacial
What to Expect
A Hydrafacial treatment takes approximately 1 hour. There is no downtime and treatment is immediately effective. You’ll leave with glowing, healthy skin!
Improvement is noticeable after 1 treatment. Patients often choose to get regular Hydrafacial treatments to keep skin healthy and vibrant.