Laser hair removal is among the most popular medical spa services. Men and women or all ages seek laser hair removal as an alternative to shaving, waxing and over the counter creams. For optimum results and skin care health, we advise our Kansas City laser hair removal patients to follow simple post care instructions.
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 48 hours or until irritation subsides. After that, sun protection is a MUST.
- Avoid tanning throughout your series; again, you want your treatment area to be as light as possible to get the safest and most effective treatments.
- You can resume photosensitizing medications, and topical ones as well; 24 hours following treatment and once all irritation subsides.
- You may resume shaving, use of soaps/body wash and loofahs 48 hours after treatment if all irritation has subsided.
- Exfoliate in the direction of hair growth is recommended 48 hours after treatment and once all irritation has subsided. Continue until 2 days prior to your next treatment. This helps to work the hairs out and prevent ingrown hairs once your next cycle of hair begins to grow in.
- Do not use Retin A or Glycolics for at least 5 days post treatment.
- Shaving or using clippers are the only acceptable methods of hair removal between treatments.
- No waxing, tweezing or any type of depilatory cream.
- Hair loss can take 17-21 days after treatment to detach and fall out. It is important for the long-term success of your treatments to stay on the schedule outlined by your provider.
We are proud to offer one of the most advanced laser hair removal technologies. Our laser hair removal device is safe for all skin types and all skin colors and generally requires fewer treatments than most other devices. Learn more about Mirabile M.D. laser hair removal in Overland Park. Be sure to check out our special laser hair removal maintenance pricing!