Susan and Alan, a couple from Medi-Weightloss® in Auburn, understand the power of losing weight together. They have lost a combined 142 pounds to reach their weight loss goals! What Susan and Alan enjoyed most about the program was the ability to lose together, saying they motivated each other every step of the way and enjoyed cooking and trying healthy foods together.
As with Susan and Alan, the support couples give each other can be immeasurable. Here are five ways to boost each other’s confidence to help you win the weight loss battle.
- Be patient with each other. Losing weight isn’t easy so encourage and support each other. Avoid criticizing or judging your partner if he or she makes a food choice mistake.
- Think of exercise as bonding time. It’s not easy for couples to carve out us time. Scheduling regular workouts with your partner will help you stay accountable to each other and give you time together. Put your weekly workouts in your calendar each weekend and keep the date.
- Be generous with compliments. A positive comment or word of encouragement might just be that extra push your partner needs.
- Cook healthy (and tasty) meals together! Let your creative side take over. Medi-Weightloss patients have access to hundreds of low-carb, healthy recipes.
- Keep it fun. There are countless ways to have fun and burn calories at the same time. Join a local ultimate Frisbee team or try hula hooping in the driveway with the kids. Date night? Try something new like salsa dancing! Many communities offer free or low-cost classes.
Family members (spouse or child in same household) who participate in the Medi-Weightloss program together each receive 20% off their weekly visits! Learn about the Medi-Weightloss program.
Source: Medi-Weightloss. See original article and additional sources here: http://www.mediweightloss.com/patients/resources/articles/CouplesLoseWeightTogether/?tag=SEO%20Articles