Stress Urinary Incontinence
and Vaginal Rejuvenation
What is Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI)?
Millions of women have sudden urine loss or stress urinary incontinence (SUI). The condition causes them to leak urine when they laugh, sneeze, cough, or during exercise.
Female SUI is caused in part by an improperly functioning urethra. Unlike other types of incontinence, SUI is not a problem of the bladder. Normally, the urethra maintains a tight seal to prevent involuntary loss of urine. In a woman with SUI, muscle and pelvic tissue weakened by childbirth or other causes are unable to adequately support the urethra in its correct position. As a result, when pressure is exerted on the bladder from the diaphragm during sudden movements, the urethra cannot maintain its seal and urine escapes.
At Mirabile M.D. we offer in-office solutions to treat Stress Urinary Incontinence.
Other Feminine Wellness Concerns
Women experience vaginal changes due to childbirth, age, lifestyle or hormonal fluctuations. These changes affect both the vaginal tissue and pelvic floor muscles, decreasing sexual function and causing urinary incontinence.
• Do you feel dry during intercourse?
• Do you have trouble reaching orgasm?
• Do you ever leak urine when you cough, sneeze or exercise?
• Have you felt ‘loose’ vaginally since childbirth and/or menopause?
• Have you ever not quite made it to the bathroom on time?
• Have your intimate relationships suffered due to vaginal changes?
• Are you experiencing a loss of self-confidence, interest in sex or lack of sexual desire due to changes in your feminine wellness?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation may be right for you.